07-23-08 A sample from the garden


Here's a sample from the garden. The garden is certainly putting out a lot of salads. Lettuce is at it's prime. I've been getting tomatoes since the end of June. The variety is Dwarf Redbell Cherry Tomato From New Dimension Seed (www.newdimensinoseed.com). It only grow 12" tall, produce a lot of tomatoes early in the season. Although the flavors can't compete with its larger cousins, but the earliness is what makes it shine. I am getting a load of fava beans. Don't know what to do with it until I saw it in a blog. I boiled it and put some herb butter in it. It was delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my recipe blog the other day. Your blog looks very nice as well! I love gardening, but I'm such a beginner. :) I'll be back to check it out some more!!