Sue’s Homemade Salsa

 Sue’s Homemade Salsa
Ingredients: Homemade tomato sauce,
tomatoes, onions, vinegar, jalapeno peppers,
garlic, cilantro, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin.




I used my 12Q stock pot. To the thickened tomato sauce, I added: cumin, cayenne peppers, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, fresh jalapeno peppers. I also added white vinegar and juice from one lime. I added the salt to the tomato sauce and let it devolve thoroughly before adding the other ingredients, and adjusted the salt later. Bring the pot to a boil, and pack hot salsa in sterilized pint jars, cap and process in hot water bath for 20 minutes. Makes 15 pints.



Per Elaine:  when I make salsa I cut up everythin, than I put a half a cup of salt on top, let it sit overnight and than drain, Than I add my vinager and add the juice back as I need it, to make the thickness I like, this method works reat, than I use the left over juice, cooked down a little for blody Mary mix






No comments: