This is a pound cake made with the real things, it is super easy and soooooo delicious! I am putting this recipe up to share with all as well as to remind myself how to make it next time.
2 sticks of butter (1/2 pound)
1-2/3 cups of sugar
5 eggs (from my hens)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 table spoon half and half
Pre-heat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit
1. Cream together sugar and butter in the mixer or with a hand mixer
2. Add eggs, one at a time, keep mixing
3. Add salt and half and half and sift in flour, mix well
4. Pour batter in a round fluted pan
5. Bake in the oven for one hour
Variations: Add lemon zest and lemon juice instead of half and half.
Serving suggestion: Serve with fresh strawberry and vanilla ice cream.