Rhubarb Orange Marmalade

It's the first part of May the rhubarb plants in the garden are all bushing up. I picked up a big bundle while working in the garden and brought them in. I need to do something with it...  I took a glance at the fruit basket in the corner, a couple of oranges come to view. I immediately thought of marmalade, my next thought was Rhubarb Orange Marmalade! It turned out so delicious I am not even going to bother to cap the jam. I know they'll be eaten in no time... This jam is definitely very tart, but that's just how I like it.

Rhubarb Orange Marmalade recipe:
6 C. sliced rhubarbs; 1 naval orange, ends removed, cut into 2" pieces and then process in a food processor to a course pulp; 7 C. sugar; 1 t. butter, 1 pouch of Balls Liquid Pectin. Cook the rhubarb, orange and sugar together. Bring it to a boil, break up the rhubarb with a potato masher, this takes about 8-10 minutes. Bring the content back to a full boil after mashing the rhubarb. Add the liquid pectin, stir constantly. Maintain a full boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat, bottle the marmalade.

No comments: