Winter Can Be Delicious II

My only favorable experience of dill was dill pickle. That changed last summer. Trying to expand my taste buds and learn to appreciate dill more, I grew a patch of dills. One recipe in particular I liked was an artichoke potato Greek soup I made from the dill and artichokes I grew. Now it is winter time, I don't have any fresh artichoke or dills, but still wanted to enjoy the soup. So I implemented with ingredients on hand, it turned out just as delicious!
Here's the winter recipe:
2 C. artichoke hearts (from a jar),
2 medium sized potatoes,
1 carrot,
1/2 small onion, sliced,
1 stalk of celery,cut up,
1 T. lemon juice,
2 T. olive oil,
2 C. chicken broth,
fresh or dried parsley,
Dill weeds,or dill weed blend,
salt and pepper to taste,
4 C. Water.
Wash and peel potatoes and carrot, cut into bit size pieces. Heat olive oil in a pot, add onions, saute until onion softens. Add chicken broth and water. Add all other ingredients, bring to a boil, cook for 20-25 minutes until vegetables are soft. Season with salt and pepper.

Served with fresh baked bread and olive oil dip.

1 comment:

Rose said...

This sounds delicious! I like to add dill to some salads as well as a dip for veggies. But mostly I grow dill for the butterflies, or more accurately, their caterpillars:)

Nice to meet you, Sue!