Cookie Loafs

Eager to try out my newly acquired cookie press, I set out to make spritz cookies. I found a Youtube video, watched it and said to myself: "That's easy enough". It turned out, as most things do, not as easy as I thought....  I made the dough according to the recipe (below), loaded it to the cookie press and started pressing cookies to the cookie sheet. And then there came the reality: the cookies came out like a globy mess, not the neat little kissables like it is in the video. Hmmm... what to do? what to do? I did the best thing I could under the circumstance, I made long cookies instead of the mini puffs I intended to make. Nonetheless, the cookies turned out delicious, light and fluffy and buttery! This morning, I had some friends stop by for coffee, after hearing my story, my friend Jen said: "We love your cookie loafs!". Therefore, the term "cookie loafs" was born.... I think I will be making some for Santa :)
For the cookie loafs I used:
1 C. Powdered sugar
2 C. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsb salt
Sift above ingredients together, then add:
2 sticks of butter (1/2 lb.)
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract.
Mix everything together until forming a smooth dough. Load in cookie press (Although it is just as easy to use small ice cream spoon to make cookie drops). Bake at a preheated 350F oven for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn brown. Let cool completely.



No comments: