Do you know Caponata can be frozen?

Back in September I had a surplus of eggplants. Since I love caponata so much, I made a huge batch. Ever heard of the phrase "too much of a good thing can be bad"? Yep, it was a problem, there was no way I could eat all that caponata in a couple of weeks. In a desperate attempt to keep it from spoiling, I bagged them up and froze them. And promptly forgot about them. Now it's January I am starting to yearning the fresh taste of the summer. Looking into my freezer I spotted my frozen capanata. I retrieved a bag, let it thaw in the refrigerator and the next day heated some up in the microwave... WOW! I was hit with the full flavor of the summer! I bought a loaf of baguette, sliced it up and lightly toasted the slices, and topped with capanata. It is truly a great treat in a gloomy winter day :~)